ClinicalTrials.Gov USA Clinical Trial
#2 ABSTRACTS for Cell diabetes thailand treatment
Title for Stem cell diabetes thailand
The Efficacy and Safety of Autologous Fat Stem Cell Transplant in the Management of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics.
Introduction to the cell diabetes thailand treatment
Studies have claimed that stem cell transplantation may help type 1 and 2 diabetics through regeneration of destroyed beta cells in the islets of Langerhans in the pancreas of diabetic patients.
Objective of stem cell diabetes Thailand treatment
To determine the efficacy and safety of autologous fat stem cell transplant in the management of type 1 and type 2 diabetics.
Materials and Methods for cell diabetes thailand treatment
Uncomplicated Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics who are on either oral hypoglycemic agents and/ or on insulin with full consent to this study will be included. Baseline studies in the form of blood chemistries including Hemoglobin A1C and C-peptide determinations will be done. When they fulfill the inclusion criteria they will be subjected to the autologous fat stem cell transplant, a procedure by which mini-liposuction is done taking 50 cc of fatty tissues from each side of the abdomen, centrifuging it with acti-stem solution and infusing it back through the vein to the same patient They should be willing to undergo the 6-12 month observation period after the autologous fat stem cell transplantation and the follow-up tests monthly, 3 months after the transplant and after 6 months which is the end of the study. They will be maintained on their usual medications, be it oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin or in combination till we deemed it to be necessary to stop or discontinue it. Results: Thirty-seven (37) patients consisting of 4 Type 1 and 33 type 2 diabetics were included in the study. There were 16 males and 21 females whose age range was 23 to 65 years. Seven were on pure insulin, 26 on orals and 4 had both insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents.
Initial results of 20 Patients Three Months after the Fat Stem Cell Transplant for cell diabetes thailand treatment
- Initial assessment after 90 days of the first twenty (20) patients showed a statistically significant improvement in the FBS/RBS from baseline to Day 7,14,30,60 and 90 resulting into a decreased Hemoglobin A1C which the most reliable parameter for diabetic control.
- The C-peptide showed a decreasing trend although the sample size was still too small for analysis.
- The serum triglyceride values likewise showed a significant decrease.
- As for the safety parameters, the CBC and blood chemistries showing kidney and liver functions were not significantly altered.
- There were some patients whose medications be it oral and insulin were decreased.
- The subjective improvement was remarkable in most of the patients (90%) with regards to the added vim and vigor, smoothening of skin and thickening of hair strands (6 patients), general feeling of well being (12 patients), blood sugars below 100mgs% (4), decreased vaginal pruritus (1), decrease in nocturia (2), improvement of peripheral neuropathy (2).
These are preliminary results and not until we have reached the 6 months follow-up and have included all the 37 patients as well as the beneficial effects remain can we only tell that this may be a revolutionary treatment with cell diabetes thailand treatment