Are you feeling like you are coming down with a cold? Before you reach for your medicine cabinet, you should maybe first consider a different style of treatment such as holistic medicine in Thailand. This concept is very simple; Holistic or Naturopathy/ Nathuropathic Medicine takes into consideration the person as a whole, physically, spiritually, mentally and socially. This means that if one part is not functioning well, then it affects the whole person.
History of Holistic Medicine
According to the HMA (holistic medical association) the first use of this type of medicine dates back to 400 B.C., during that time the Greek physician Hippocrates said that different diseases occur when the body is not balanced. Hippocrates claimed that a person can restore their balance with the use of all-natural substances. He did not promote the use of conventional medicine because he says it is possible that this will interfere with a body’s natural ability to heal itself.
The use of Traditional Chinese “Eastern” Medicine is more than 3,000 year old system that originated in Taoist philosophy. This type of ancient traditions are rooted heavily in the belief that nature and and life are all connected. As medical technologies have evolved, today holistic medicine is primarily used as complementary approach to health and wellness. This is added on to the conventional medicine that regular doctors prescribe to sick people. Health professionals advice their patients to have a healthy lifestyle that involves a nutritious diet, regular exercise and managing any stress related issues to be considered “healthy”.
How is Integrative Holistic Medicine used in Thailand
This approach suggests that everyone who gets sick should not just focus on the illness but also the whole self. Part of the Thai medical process is treating symptoms and looking for underlying causes as well. To explain it simply, it is when a person gets treatment for the illness, then asked to dig deeper. This may reveal a lot of different things such as depression because of unsatisfactory social life.
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- Healing is done between the patient and our holistic medical doctors in Bangkok or Phuket, and tackles all aspects of life and not limited to physical health.
- Love is the most powerful healing treatment. Holistic practitioners give care through spreading kindness and acceptance.
- Everyone has innate healing powers, a person can heal their own body, mind and spirit.
- Understanding the pursuit of balance of the physical, mental, spiritual, social and even environmental aspect of human experience. This will then result in a powerful state of being.
- A person isn’t defined by their illness. It is only a small part that affects their being.
Types of Holistic Treatments we offer in Thailand
- Acupuncture, also known as body holistic therapy. This type of treatment originated in China is an unconventional approach where tips of needles are inserted into specific parts of the body.
- Psychotherapy involves a close interpersonal relationship with a therapist. This type of treatment involves a patient sitting with a therapist to talk about different life experiences to help with the mental health.
- Meditation is another popular treatment for the mind. It mostly involves sitting quietly and allowing to quiet the mind through concentration. The silence of the mind brings forth relaxation, peace and the feeling of bliss.
- Astrological counseling is a form of treatment for the spirit. It helps a patient gain understanding about life issues or possible future dangers through the use of astrology.
- Healthy living is promoted, this includes letting go of all bad vices such as regular consumption of alcoholic drinks, smoking or drugs. Exercising regularly is also encouraged to achieve a balanced life.
- Holistic Fitness is also used to achieve balance via Pilates,Yoga, Tai Chi,Pranayama,Personal Training and Spirit Dance
- Medical Qi Gong and Ancient Chinese Medicine
- Oxygen Therapy
- Far Infrared Saunas
- Flower Remedies
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- Drug and Alcohol Detoxification
- Acupuncture Facial Treatment and natural stem cell facelifts
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Sound Healing
Holistic medicine and alternative medicine in Thailand is all about understanding the root causes of diseases and then addressing the re-balance of the bodies internal systems to allow the immune system to recover,regenerate and remain strong.
To learn more about Holistic medical treatments and Naturopathic solutions in Bangkok,Ko Samui,Ko Tao, Phuket or Chiang Mai Thailand please contact us today.